Pediatric Caregiver, Adult Cancer Survivor and Adult Caregiver support
- 4th Angel Mentoring Program/ Cleveland Clinic: The 4th Angel Mentoring Program is a national, free service for patients and caregivers who are matched with trained mentors. While emphasizing one-on-one contact by phone or email, matches are primarily made based on similar age and cancer experiences (diagnosis, treatment, stage, etc.) to offer unique, personalized peer support. They serve adult patients, caregivers, and pediatric caregivers. Contact them at 866-520-3197, www.4thangel.org, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lung Cancer Patient and Caregiver Support
LUNGevity provides peer to peer, free, personalized phone and email support service that matches a lung cancer patient or caregiver with a Lifeline Support Partner. Learn more at www.LUNGevity.org.
Female Cancer Support
- Each Moment We're Alive is a resource run by Cynthia Sheridan Murphy, an Author, Workshop Facilitator, Keynote Speaker and Mentor for women and families, helping them thrive through cancer. Learn more at www.eachmomentwerealive.net.
The Verma Foundation
- The Verma Foundation is a non-profit organization that creates custom cap wigs at no cost for women and children fighting cancer and dealing with the emotional side effect of hair loss.
The Dana Farber Cancer Institute Health Library
- Eating Well During Cancer is a video series and resource toolkit features Dana-Farber nutrition specialist Stacy Kennedy, MPH, RD, CSO, LDN, and explores how diet can help support your health and wellbeing during and after cancer treatment.
BREASTLESS by Laurel Turk
The Majestic Theater in West Springfield for 3 Shows only Saturday June 15 at 2:00 and 8:00 Sunday June 16 at 2:00 only
TICKETS NOW ON SALE: Tickets are numbered seats and are on sale now. Early birds get the best worms. Tickets are sold by The Majestic Box Office only (not online) and at the door before the show (if still available).
Majestic Box Office--A nice human answers the phone! 413-747-7797
Box Office Hours: Mon-Fri 10-5, Sat. 10-1.
BREASTLESS a new play by Laurel Turk, directed by Jeannine Haas
One woman's determinedly truthful exploration of body image and sexuality after double mastectomy. Intimate monologues are juxtaposed with wry humor, song, and dance. Anyone with a body will find something to relate to in this piece.
If you have seen the show, come again and bring friends. You know what a special event it truly is. The Majestic has 230 seats and we want to sell it out!
Please help us spread the word---word of mouth is the best way.
Water Fitness for Breast Cancer Survivors
A fun, fun night out, designed to improve mobility, strength, flexibility, and endurance.
March 4, 2019 – June 17, 2019 (Monday) 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
March 6, 2019 – June 12, 2019 (Wednesday) 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Elms College Maguire Center, 291 Springfield Street, Chicopee, MA 01013
(413) 265-2313 or (413-786-8051) Deb Pacitti
It will be low impact aerobic water fitness with core strengthening, using water weights and noodles set to music, to increase cardiovascular fitness as well as give flexibility, muscle tone, and range of motion.
Class is free of charge for breast cancer patients & survivors, and is limited to 25 people.
Join breast cancer survivors in various stages of recovery for a fun filled experience.
For questions or to register, please contact:
Debra A. Pacitti, AAAI/ISMA Instructor
99 Cherry Street, Feeding Hills, MA 01030